Bindawood Holding is a public company incorporated in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, (“Bindawood”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
This policy describes how Bindawood collects, processes, uses, and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services, or visit us ,or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together “Platforms”).
2. WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
- Establishes the types of personal information we collect.
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal information.
- Explains when and why we may share personal information within Bindawood and with other organizations.
- Describes how we protect the personal information we collect; and
- Explains the rights you have about your personal information.
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- Using any of our platforms, including websites (“our Websites”), mobile applications (“our Mobile Apps” ); or
- Being a member of any of our loyalty program.
- Taking part in our promotions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers.
- business partner, Employee.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register for our services, we may collect:
- Your details, including (but not limited to) your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, address.
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you shop with us online, browse our websites, or use our Mobile Apps or visit our branches., we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered/bought, and how you paid);
- Information about your online browsing behavior on our Websites, Mobile Apps and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organizations’ websites);
- Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the model and operating system, IP address, browser type, and mobile device identifiers); and
- Information about your geolocation.
When you use any of our loyalty program(s) to shop with us, we may collect:
- Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn points for and how you use your points, coupons, and vouchers within our subsidiaries or with other partners.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys, or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- The personal information you provide about yourself.
- Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on; and
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
When you visit us as a supplier, we may collect:
- The personal information you provide about yourself.
- Details of emails and Phone number.
4. WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Make our Services available to you.
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- Processing your orders and refunds; and
- Managing the accounts, you hold with us.
Personalize your experience.
We may use your personal information to personalize the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- Using your online browsing behavior as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalized offers and services;
- Provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on our Websites and other organizations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners.
- To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps, and other sources including the different subsidiaries under Bindawood.
Contact and interact with you.
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, to:
- Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email, or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners.
- Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires, and other market research activities carried out by Bindawood and by other organizations on our behalf.
It is in our legitimate business interests that we can provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with a notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations.
We analyze information about how you use our services to:
- Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps.
- Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how, and the way we communicate with you.
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crimes.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve them.
5. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
We may share the personal information collected by any of our subsidiaries with our other subsidiaries for the purposes listed above.
We may share your personal information with other companies that sell products through our Services (“Retail Partners“). We only share personal information that enables our Retail Partners to provide their
services. For example, when you shop online or in-store we will give the relevant Retail Partner your name, contact details, and address so that they can deliver your items.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments, and delivering orders. We only share personal information that enables our Service Providers to provide their services.
Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and our Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf.
6. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS
We may share personal information with other organizations in the following circumstances:
- if any applicable law or a public authority says we must share personal information.
- if we need to share personal information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal information to others to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk);
- To an organization we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organization receiving your personal information can use your personal information in the same way as us
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
7. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is different from your country of residence or our country of incorporation. In any case, we have put in place appropriate safeguards per applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
8. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and destruction. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA
We operate channels, pages, and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Bindawood is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
However, we will retain and use your registration information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt out from receiving these communications or change your account settings, this will remove you from marketing lists.
Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding the services or products you bought from us and responses to inquiries made to us and that we may hold your details on a suppression list, so we don’t send you marketing communications in the future.
12. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work
Improve the performance of our Websites and Mobile Apps
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error message as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Deliver relevant online advertising.
Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our websites by other organizations, and always with our permission. These Cookies may collect information about your online behavior, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from, and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our websites and other organizations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organizations on our websites.
To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through Cookies in the browser of your desktop computer or other devices with other data that we have collected (e.g. Loyalty program).
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising
Cookies can tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This information allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns and control the number of times you are shown an advert.
Your choices when it comes to Cookies.
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or another device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our platforms. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use some of our products and services that require you to sign in.
13. AGGREGATE DATA, DATA ANALYTICS, AND SOCIAL MEDIA FUNCTIONALITY
We may aggregate personal information and remove any identifying elements to analyze patterns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze Platform use, to improve our content and product offerings, and customize our Platforms’ content, layout, products, and services, and we may appoint third parties to do this on our behalf, as set out above.
We gather certain usage information like the number and frequency of visitors to our Platforms. This information may include which webpage you just came from, which webpage you next go to, what browser you are using, your device, and your IP address. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps us to determine how much our customers use parts of our Platforms, and do research on our user’s demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve you.
If you use buttons on our Platforms linked to social media or similar sites (for example “Like” and/or “Share” buttons), content from our Platforms may be sent back to that other website or service and, depending on your privacy settings, may be privately or publicly visible (for example to friends, followers, or generally to anyone who has access to your profile page).
14. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to see or access the personal information we hold about you. To receive a copy, please us at 8002442226.
In addition, you have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights:
- Access/Rectify/correct the information we hold about you.
- Erase/destruct your personal information.
- Withdraw any consent you have provided for our use of your personal information.
- Receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability).
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below.
If you’re currently logged in, you may also begin account deletion by clicking here
17. PRIVACY CONCERNS
Last updated: November 2023